FORUMS: list search recent posts

need capture card recommendation

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
max105
need capture card recommendation
on Nov 15, 2002 at 2:30:17 pm

First I apologize if this post is too long for you guys.

I'm in the market to purchase 2 capture cards for school use. We're currently looking for 2 video cards, one higher end w/ component input capabilities, and the other with at least S-video input and would also like to have firewire input.

We're going to have some P4-2.4GB machines with 1GB RDRAM, with possibly a 2x73GB RAID solution on one machine, and a 120GB 7200rpm EIDE hard drive on the other machine. The higher end machine w/ RAID (which I will call Machine1) is getting input from a DV cam which will be recording people in front of a green screen. The video here will be used to edit and create video clips and movies. For example, we may capture expressions of a person's face and put their face into a clip of some movie scene. The other machine (Machine2) is going to receive capture from a variety of sources (which we will have a switch for) such as S-VHS, Hi8 camcorder, DSS, webcam, and a miniDV.

From the online research I have made into these cards:
For Machine 1 (needs component input + firewire):
-Pinnacle Targa 3000
-Canopus DVRex-RT
-Pinnacle DV2000DV
-Matrox DigiSuite

For Machine 2 (needs s-video, and possibly firewire; hopefully under $1000 but not necessary)
-Pinnacle DV500
-Canopus DVStorm
-Matrox RT2500
-Pinnacle Pro-One
-Matrox RT100
-Canopus ADVC-100 (might be a little low end)

I was wondering if you people here could give me a little feedback with some recommendations and/or tips on which card(s) would probably be best for me. Thanks for reading and for any help you can give me.

Return to posts index

Mitch_Videoguys
Re: need capture card recommendation
on Nov 15, 2002 at 2:59:31 pm

We dont sell any of the cards you listed for Machine #1 but for Machine # 2 we like the Canopus DVStorm2 & the Matrox RTX100 the Canopus ADVC100 is a Analog/Digital Converter Not a NLE ..If you have any questions or need to place a order my name is Mitch & I can be reached Mon - Fri 9-5 EST @ 1800 323 2325 xt 122 Thanks. Look forward to speaking with you Mitch

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
Mitchell Schlesinger xt 122
Home of the Desk Top Video Handbook On Line http://www.videoguys.com
All DTV purchases include FREE tech support and 30 day satisfaction
guarantee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]