FORUMS: list search recent posts

best editing/authoring software

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
captaint
best editing/authoring software
on Feb 16, 2005 at 9:35:49 pm

This post is a little long I am sorry.

I am looking for someone with experience using different software, ie Roxio, Pinnacle, Nero, Sony Vegas etc. who can reccommend the best software were the video editing portion is linked to the authoring portion: meaning I don't have to render the timeline to an mpeg2 or avi to use the authoring portion. Key requirements is that it produces a DVD that has the best chance of playing on many different models or brands of set top players.

In my small business, I shoot video on 2 hour long boat trips and sell the DVD to the tourist of their trip. I shoot 3-5 trips daily and then have to produce the DVD's in the evening. I try to shoot 20 minutes on each trip and I put several trips on one DVD as separate titles on the menu-so they just click on their trip when they get it in the mail.

I am getting too many complaints that the DVD they receive won't play on their set top player. I have been reading the forum discussion and realize compatability with set top players is dependant on several things like DVD brand, firmware update, labels and what software is used. I have been using Roxio media studio 7 with all the current updates, but I am not thrilled with it. I don't need fancy editing features as most of it is in camera editing. I need it to be quick, produce a very readable product, and I can't afford the time to render the timeline for each project to an mpeg or avi. The authoring program has to be able to work from the project saved in the video editing program, what ever extension that happens to be. That is the main reason I am using Roxio Easy Media version 7, but I am not getting great results. It is also a small volume operation so I can't afford some of the expensive programs like encore etc.

Any suggestions or comments?? Thanks so much in advance.
Captaint

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]