FORUMS: list search recent posts

DV500DVD or Matrox RTX10?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
timdees
DV500DVD or Matrox RTX10?
on Nov 9, 2002 at 9:48:44 pm

I am about to buy a video capture/editing package, and am torn between the Pinnacle DV500DVD and the Matrox RTX10. They are both about the same price, and both include Adobe Premiere, which I have used before. I worked with a previous version of DV500 and found it to be reliable, but don't know much about Matrox.

My primary use for the package will be to convert some VHS video to AVI and MPEGs for use in classroom training. I will be doing some editing of these, but not a lot at first. I want to buy a package that won't limit me later on if I want to do full-blown editing or work with a DV camcorder.

The system that will house the package is a recently purchased Gateway desktop machine with a 2.3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, and an Nvidia GeForce4 Ti 4600 video card with 128 MB VRAM. I don't think it makes much difference in terms of performance, but I also have a dual-monitor setup. The 120 GB drive is my boot drive, and I know about the frame-dropping problem. If it turns out to be bothersome, I may install a separate HD for video files only. The present drive has only about 20GB of files on it.

Does anyone have any insight on the better of these two packages for the work I have described?

Tim Dees
Kennewick, Washington

Return to posts index

Mitch_Videoguys
Re: DV500DVD or Matrox RTX10?
on Nov 13, 2002 at 8:19:52 pm

Hey Tim With that computer dont even bother with the DV500 DVD...By all means get the Matrox RTX10 It includes full version of Premiere 6.5 it has realtime color correction,slow motion(field based)etc.it was designed to work with Windows XP & has been one of the most stable cards we ever sold..If you have any questions or need to place a order my name is Mitch & I can be reached Mon - Fri 9-5 EST @ 1800 323 2325 xt 122 Thanks. Look forward to speaking with you Mitch

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
Mitchell Schlesinger xt 122
Home of the Desk Top Video Handbook On Line http://www.videoguys.com
All DTV purchases include FREE tech support and 30 day satisfaction
guarantee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]