FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe won't drop cut frames

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
STLSailor
Adobe won't drop cut frames
on Jan 3, 2005 at 12:12:53 am

I have a segment of wedding video which has a distracting photographic flash in it. I edited in Premiere 6.5 using razor to cut out the frame with the flash, then moved the two segments adjacent to each other, then encoded it. However when I view the MPEG version from DVDIt! or WMP the flash is there! If I delete a whole clip, then it shows up as black, so I know it is going through the encoding process and I have the right file. But even if I drop 2-3 frames it seems like the flash doesn't get dropped. This is driving me nuts! Does anyone know what might be happening?

STLSailor

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Adobe won't drop cut frames
on Jan 3, 2005 at 2:08:40 am

Sounds like you stretched the frames back together, rather than moved the cut ends. When you stretch a cut segment, the deleted frames are reinserted from the source clip.

Of course, I'm speaking from my experience with Premiere on an RT.X100 system, so it may work differently without my realtime card.

Return to posts index

STLSailor
on Jan 3, 2005 at 2:20:58 am

That seems logical. But when I look at the timeline I see two things.

First, the first segment goes from 54:14:04 to 54:15:17. The second segment goes from 54:15:19 to 54:19:15.

If I put the whole segment from 54:14:04 to 54:19:15 on the timeline, then sure enough, there is a flash at 54:15:18.

So it **looks** like I've cut it out.

Second, when I play the edited segments in the preview window I get no flash, but if I put the whole segment on the timeline and play it, I do see a flash. So again, it **looks** like I've edited it out.

That's what has me so puzzled about this. The result sounds like what you described, but what shows up on the timeline doesn't.

Return to posts index

John Q
on Jan 3, 2005 at 4:35:47 am

Yes, the frames shown on the timeline only represent each frame, if you've selected the single frame mode. Otherwise, the program chooses which frame to show, hiding the bright frame you don't want.

Since I have an RT.X100 with realtime color correction, I usually take those frames, slice them separate from the rest of the timeline, and apply a color correction to darken the frame. Looking at the still frame, it looks awful, but is hardly noticed when played back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]