FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pinnacle Studio & Wesley Crusher

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan C
Pinnacle Studio & Wesley Crusher
on Nov 10, 2004 at 12:06:33 am

I have been trying to decide if I should buy Pinnacle Studio or dig deeper in the wallet for Liquid Edition or Adobe. What I am finding (at this site and others) is that Studio has the "Wesley Crusher Syndrome". People either rave about how wonderful it is, or explode about how terrible it is. Can someone who is not angry shed some light on this? Could it be that Studio is great if your system is set up right for it, and bad if it isn't?

VideoGuys: Do you have many tech sup problems with Studio?

Thanks, Alan
P4 2.53 533mhz bus
512mg 1066mhz RDRAM
120gig WD 7200RPM
ATI Radon 9700 128mg dual head

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Pinnacle Studio & Wesley Crusher
on Nov 10, 2004 at 1:26:38 am

Studio is great little app - for home video editing. While it is cheap and easy to use, it still runs under the same basic computer requirements of more expensive and complex programs. Putting Studio in a fast computer = a happier customer.

We treat Studio as a home video editor. If your goal is to make a 30 minute DVD from your vacation footage or your kids soccer games - it is great. Ad in the phot montage capabilites and it really hits the spot.

Studio is not intended for event videography or long format work. Push your video beyond an hour, and it starts to become less effective.

If you need to do long format work, want complex sequences with multiple layers of video and effects or yuo require advanced color correction and/or audio processing, get a more robust app like Liquid Edition, Premeire, Vegas or Xpress DV.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
on Dec 23, 2004 at 3:19:29 am

Alan,

I've been using Studio 7 for 3 years. You have a better performing PC than mine. I've had some bugs at the start but nothing the patches didn't fix. I bought Studio 8 but once I bought it my business exploded and I never had time to install it. I bought Studio 9 about 5 months ago and I really intend to upgrade from 7 but I've been busy down to the last minutes of the day. While Pinnacle is often down played by the people who fork out $$$ for higher priced software, I discovered one important thing: It's not the cost or features of the editing software, it's the talent of the filmmaker.

While I soon will get full access to a Mac and Final Cut Pro, I am a firm believer that Pinnacle can provide you with nearly everything you need to produced quality films.

The one tip I have is to segment your films. I never like to run over 200+ clips. Instead I complete a portion of my film then begin a new project. I create AVI files of these segments and combine them later in Pinnacle Expression when making the DVDs. I just find that easier to do.

Return to posts index

Alan C
on Dec 27, 2004 at 11:29:30 pm

Thanks for the input. Do you know if the quality of analog capture is the same/better/worse with their hardware than one of the more expensive packages?
Thanks, Alan

Thanks, Alan

Dell 8250 WinXP Pro
P4 2.53ghz 533mhz FSB
512mg 1066mhz RDRAM
120gig 7200rpm WD system drive
160gig 7200rpm WD video drive
128mg ATI Radeon 9700 dual head w/TV out
Video Capture/Software (working on it)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved