Avid xpress pro student pack or Avid Xpress DV

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yannick
Avid xpress pro student pack or Avid Xpress DV
on Nov 9, 2004 at 7:19:33 pm

Hi.
I want to buy one of the two:
As a student i can get Avid Xpress pro for ~280$ but it doesn't include third party software.
or
I can buy Xpress DV at the regular public price of ~400$.

Looking at the comparison chart on this website, it seems that i can't go wrong with getting xpress pro instead of DV since xpress pro has all of the DV features plus extra. But do these features described in the table take into account the 3rd party softwares that usually ship with xpress pro at regular public price? I mean all hte special effect features of xpress pro: Illusion Fx, Boris FX LTD, these are third party softwares right? If yes then the student version of xpress pro may not be as good as xpress DV since i won't get those third party softwares. Xpress DV comes with its own 3r party softwares (Sonic DVDit!...)

Also, would that be a mistake to choose one of those 2 avid products instead of the Adobe Digital Video Collection which i can get for 500$ instead of 1000$ (student discount). Giving up on 'almost free products'(for this price) such as After effect? Can Xpress DV match 'Adobe After effects' capabilities or Xpress DV is very limited in terms of after effects capabilities?

Note: I'm just the average joe who wants to do video editing with his DV camera for now and who may get more serious about it as time goes by (make independent film, documentary). A friend of mine who is in the movie industry is highly recommanding Avid.

So to resume the two questions:
1)- Xpres DV or Xpress pro student (no thrid party softwares)
2)- Mistake to not take advantage of adobe video collection for 500$?

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Lovingjah
Re: Avid xpress pro student pack or Avid Xpress DV
on Jan 4, 2005 at 11:59:02 pm

Hi Yannick,

Did you ever got a answer to your question, because I'm also interested in purchasing one of these software and would like others feedback. If you have already purchase one of the two item in question, please let me know your opinion on it. Your response is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lovingjah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]