FORUMS: list search recent posts

MSP7 or Video Studio w/movie factory 3

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
unclelukes2000
MSP7 or Video Studio w/movie factory 3
on Oct 30, 2004 at 12:26:21 pm

Hi everyone! This is my problem, I just purchased a mini dv camcorder and I am basically looking for software to edit and author my movies with. I've been reading up on different programs and I narrowed it down to Videostudio due to it simplicity and ease of use along with MF3 for a better menu selection and dolby digital audio support(love the idea of more video on a dvd). But on the other hand I'm wondering if I should purchase MSP7 due it's features and the fact that it has a realtime mpeg encoder and support dolby digital ecoding. I hear that it also comes with MF2. But MF2 did not support dolby digital so I'm afraid that it will change the audio to pcm. Is MSP7 really that more difficult to learn? Is MSP7 a program that you can grow with. And is dvdws 2.0 worth considering as an authoring program? Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Goodspeed
Re: MSP7 or Video Studio w/movie factory 3
on Oct 30, 2004 at 8:33:40 pm

I've used both VS and MSP7.... and I prefer MSP7. It's not that much harder to learn than VS and has a lot more features. The only thing I don't like about MSP7 is that it's text/title effects are not that great. However, I use Cool 3D Production Studio for my text/title effects and MSP7 interfaces directly with it.

As for DVDWS2, it's an easy DVD authoring program to learn and works great. I use it for my projects all the time.

Return to posts index

unclelukes2000
on Oct 31, 2004 at 4:18:18 am

Thank you for your reply, I think I will order MSP7 although I don't know if I can afford both MSP7 and DVDWS2.Is the aurthoring suite that comes with MSP7 any good. I want to create movies with Dolby Digital sound.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Oct 31, 2004 at 12:58:11 pm

IMO, MSP7’s chief advantages over VS8 are that it has advanced compositing/special effects features (such as 3D moving path filters) and that it accepts project files from other Ulead products without the need to render the files out. MSP7 comes with DVD MF2LE, which uses MSP7’s AC-3 encoder. MF2 is comparable to the integrated DVD authoring module in VS8. Neither offer motion menu’s.

Also IMO, the best entry-to-intermediate level editing bang for the buck with Ulead products is VS8 and DVD Workshop 2 Express. DVD Workshop 2 Express comes with an AC-3 encoder and has fully customizable menu’s and buttons.

Return to posts index

unclelukes2000
on Oct 31, 2004 at 5:53:01 pm

That sounds like a good combination also.Darn it, I wish I could download the trial.(Got 56k modem)Any way I am going to read some reviews and make a decision. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

unclelukes2000
on Nov 11, 2004 at 4:35:55 am

Decided to go ahead and get the Studio Quartet package because it seams like a good deal. Can not wait to get it, will order on Friday. Thanks again for the insight.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Nov 12, 2004 at 1:39:04 pm

We're running an fantastic bundle deal on Studio Quartet.
Studio Quartet w/ the Pyro AV Link $499.95!!

Ulead Studio Quartet Software reg. $549.95
Includes FOUR programs!
Ulead Media Studio Pro 7 non-linear editing software
Ulead DVD Workshop 2 for professional DVD authoring
Ulead Cool 3D Production Studio for 3D titling & graphics Ulead PhotoImpact XL photo editor

ADS Pyro AVLink reg. $179.95
Analog to DV Media Converter will allow you to use your old video footage with the Ulead software

TOTAL VALUE - $679.90
$499.95 Bundle Price

http://www.videoguys.com/ulead.htm

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]