FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with MPEG Video in Premier 6

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kbalfe
Problem with MPEG Video in Premier 6
on Oct 15, 2004 at 7:28:00 pm

I have some MPEG video I created in a program called "Memories 2 TV". When playing the MPEG alone, it looks great, very smooth. However, once I import the video into Premier, it becomes very choppy. Even after exporting the video (I've tried AVI, MOV and WMA) it still looks really bad when I play it back.

My hardware is a brand new 3.2 Ghz P4 laptop with 1GB Ram and a 64MB video card so I'm hoping that's not the problem. All other video from premier seems to play just fine.

Any help is great appreciated!

Kevin

Return to posts index

Marc Peters
Re: Problem with MPEG Video in Premier 6
on Oct 15, 2004 at 11:39:22 pm

First off, Premiere does not natively support realtime editing of MPEG so you will need to render the timeline before it plays back smoothly in the preview window.

MPEG is also a more lossy and compressed than DV. To this end, and depending on the bitrate of your MPEG video, any subsequent encode will result in a further degredation of quality. Each cycle will by definition be of worse quality.

Return to posts index

kbalfe
Re: Problem with MPEG Video in Premier 6
on Oct 16, 2004 at 3:20:14 pm

Marc, thanks for the response. I understand that MPEG is not natively supported in Premier and have read through other forums here and elsewhere as many people seem to have the same question.

Rendering the video, or even burning to DVD does no good, it is still extremely choppy.

I actually don't need to do any editing of the source video at all, I just need to incorporate this video into my overall project.

I've seen other people suggest getting a program called "Virtual Dub", but I've tried this along with an MPEG to AVI Converter with no luck so far.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]