FORUMS: list search recent posts

one feature I can't seem to find

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shredhead
one feature I can't seem to find
on Sep 26, 2004 at 11:45:39 am

I'm a home user. I have video of my son's birth. Certain people in the family can't handle the really gory parts, which thanks to my mother in law are in plain view. (When my next child was born I used a carefully aimed tripod....)

Anyhow, I want to blur out only that part of the screen rather than cut out those scenes completely. I have seen this done on various TV shows so I know the pros can do it.

I'd like to know, what is the technical name for this feature?
What software can do this?

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: one feature I can't seem to find
on Sep 26, 2004 at 1:20:24 pm

Have a look at Stage Tools Moving Parts, which can be used to blur or pixelate parts of a video frame.

http://www.stagetools.com/

Return to posts index

John Q
on Sep 26, 2004 at 11:51:51 pm

Matrox offers these as realtime effects as part of the RT.X100 package, which includes Premiere.

Return to posts index

shredhead
on Sep 27, 2004 at 3:13:31 am

I tried the plugin mentioned in the first reply. It does not show up on the list of video filters. I definitely put the file in the right folder. I'm using MediaStudio Pro 7 trial version right now. I suspect they make the trial one not load plugins... other than that I would have no clue as to why it didn't work. I have 6.0 so I can try that.

If there was other software which had this as native I'd prefer that to buying a plug in I'll use for only 1-2 video clips.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Sep 27, 2004 at 12:59:38 pm

About all I can say is that I was able to install an evaluation copy of Moving Parts in the "vft plug" files for Media Studio Pro 7 and Video Studio 7 & 8 and it showed up as one of the video filters. It worked in MSP7 and VS7, but causes VS8 to crash.

Return to posts index

Marc Peters
on Oct 15, 2004 at 11:54:37 pm

Pure Motion Edit Studio will do this with ease (infact this very effect is on their product homepage):

http://www.puremotion.co.uk/editstudio/index.htm

Return to posts index

shredhead
on Jan 19, 2005 at 3:38:06 am

thanks, I'll check that one out.

The plug in mentioned before DID show up in the video filters list but it really just did not work. I even tried it in Premiere Pro and got the same results. It didn't work. It was buggy. It caused a crash.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]