FORUMS: list search recent posts

What's a good software to use for video editing?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ravinesh
What's a good software to use for video editing?
on Sep 16, 2004 at 8:01:58 pm

Hello,

I've tried Studio 9 MovieBox DV. Spent numerous hours on the phone with tech support and tried everything I can think of to resolve my crashing issue. Basically, my movies would play for 3-4 seconds on the first or any clip and stop. Now I am done with it.

What is a good software to use for video editing? Special effects are a must! Hopefully for couple of hindered bucks. Your suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

D_
Re: What's a good software to use for video editin
by
on Sep 17, 2004 at 2:37:01 am

What is your Motherboard, memory, Operating System, adn what files were you editing? If Studio 9 keeps crashing and tech support can't fix it, sounds like there is a conflict in your machine. Can you play movies with Media Player?

Return to posts index

captainamerica77
I had the same problem
on Sep 17, 2004 at 4:31:50 am

I had the same problem when I had my AMD setup. So I read reviews of the Pinnacle moviebox and returned the piece of trash after pinnacle could not do anything to get it to work.

I ended up spending significantly more money but was happier in the long run now.

Return to posts index

Ravinesh
Re: I had the same problem
on Sep 17, 2004 at 3:53:17 pm

Looks like we are in the same boat Captainamerica77. What program do you use now?

Return to posts index

Ravinesh
on Sep 17, 2004 at 3:57:50 pm

Hi D_

This is what I have on my computer. I just bought it about 2 months ago.

HP Pavilion a650y customized desktop PC
- Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.00E GHz/ HT + 1MB L2 cache
- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Home Edition
- 512 MB DDR / PC3200 (1 DIMM)
- 160GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
- 16x max DVD-ROM Drive + Intervideo WinDVD Software
- 8X DVD+RW/+R drive (DVD writer & CD-writer combo)
- 3 USB 2.0, 1 Firewire, 9-in-1 card reader + WinDVD
- 256MB DDR NVIDIA GeForceFX(TM) 5500, DVI & TV-Out
- Integrated 5.1 Capable Sound w/ front audio ports

Return to posts index

captainamerica77
Re: I had the same problem
on Sep 18, 2004 at 5:00:15 am

I am using adobe premiere right now.

I am tring to learn to use sony vegas on trial copy but not having much luck So I think I will stick to premiere for now I am having very good luck with it. I had nothing but trouble with the trial downloadable version, but no trouble with the real deal.

Good luck let me know if i can help

Return to posts index

SteveGeorge
on Sep 21, 2004 at 12:52:10 am

I can highly recommend Ulead Video Studio and Ulead DVD Movie Factory. I purchased ADS Tech 1394 DV card and it came bundled with those pieces of software. In two days I was importing video from my digital camera, editing, adding transitions and making an excellent DVD. The Ulead products are excellent.

I was so impressed with my progress in video editing, that I decided to upgrade to Adobe Video collection. After several weeks, I am still in the process of learning to use the Adobe software and that is after purchasing Total Training videos. And Premiere does not edit MPEG video. Ulead offers an incredible ``bang for the buck.''

Return to posts index

Ravinesh
on Sep 21, 2004 at 3:49:01 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I've been searching on the web for a good item and ULead was mentioned in a couple of places. Additionally, I didn't see that many complaints about Ulead, however Pinncale has 100's. Again thanks for the info and I believe I'll be trying Ulead as well.

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Sep 22, 2004 at 3:43:49 am

I'll jump in here and offer my $.02 for Ulead as well. I am using MSP 7.0. and it works like a champ for me. I made the switch from Pinnacle many years ago and I was certain they had cleaned up their act by now. I guess not.

Ulead is not perfect--I save my projects continually, because occasionally, the program will lock up with no way out. I even found a specific function that will crash the system reliably. (Reliably meaning if I use the function the system will crash. Really wierd because even Ulead was puzzled by the sequence.)

There is nothing I can't do with this product. I have tried all the other software that can be tried for free including Avid and Adboe but Ulead was just easier to use without having to read the instructions...<grin>

I couldn't figure out how to inport and export without errors so I found and regularly use Scenealyzer with great results. Much simpler interface than Uleads. I just import those videos into MSP and edit away to much delight.

In all fairness, I have friends who use a variety of products on Macs, and Windows machines, each uses something different, and they all make great video.

Find what appeals to you and your budget and press on!

Dylan

Return to posts index

captainamerica77
Adobe Premiere will edit mpeg video If
on Sep 24, 2004 at 9:06:28 am

MainConcept MPEG Pro is a full-featured MPEG editing solution for Adobe Premiere Pro.

I am using this with premiere 7 and having very good luck

http://www.mainconcept.com/mpeg_pro.shtml#standard

"Q: I've heard that it's impossible to do frame-accurate MPEG editing. Is this true?

A: No, this is a myth. The nature of MPEG does present special challenges, but our MPEG Pro plug-in works around those challenges and enables frame-accurate editing."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]