FORUMS: list search recent posts

Liquid Edition Pro or not?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
KentC
Liquid Edition Pro or not?
on Sep 8, 2004 at 9:53:13 pm

I'm getting ready to build my own system. I've looked at all of the packages and Liquid Edition stands out because of the integrated DVD authoring.

Does anyone out there have experience with the Pro graphics card? Does GPU acceleration only happen with the Pro card or with any card?

The Pro card seems a little outdated (Radeon 8500, 4x AGP). Am I better off getting my own card or is the Pro option really more than I have been able to understand so far?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Liquid Edition Pro or not?
on Sep 8, 2004 at 11:31:06 pm

You are right about the Edition pro AGP card being old at this point. We no longer have any Pro versions in stock, and it looks like pinnacle won't be making any more. Pinnacle just announced Liquid Edition 6 with a new Pro hardware. The new hardware is an external USB2 based Break-out-box. Looks very cool.

http://www.videoguys.com/edition.html

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Abner Mull
on Sep 9, 2004 at 9:46:41 pm

I talked to a Pinnacle guy at NAB several months back. It can take advantage of just about any video card with at least 64MB of memory, IIRC. Will work with ATI or nVidia chipsets - presumably it uses DirectX so really doesn't care.

Return to posts index

rique
on Sep 16, 2004 at 3:56:45 am

I made the decision to go with a 9800 ATI card over a year ago and skip the pro-card. I would get the best card out their like the new ATI X cards and wait till version 6 ships in a few weeks. If you can' wait you only pay $49.00 upgrade from version 5.5 to version 6 for the software, but you'll probably want the new usb-2 breakout box for convience and to get analog into your system.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]