FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie- Motion tracking?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian
Newbie- Motion tracking?
on Sep 7, 2004 at 12:00:00 am

Hi

I'm just starting out with video editing and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the different programs I could use to make a moving blur or censor over a video... or even better, those cheasy "Blind Date" effects over a video. If anyone could tell me what software is able to do this or what the feature would be called to look for it, it'd be very helpful. THANKS!

Brian

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Newbie- Motion tracking?
on Sep 7, 2004 at 4:09:31 pm

http://www.stagetools.com/aboutparts.htm

This is a link to the stagetools moving parts webpage.

Return to posts index

John Q
on Sep 7, 2004 at 4:43:39 pm

Premiere can also do this, although it works a lot easier with my Matrox RT.X100, which can do this in realtime, so you don't have to wait for rendering to see its effect.

Return to posts index

Brian
on Sep 7, 2004 at 9:58:18 pm

Thanks guys! Any other alternatives?

This seems to be a sparse feature of something I'd really like to do.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Sep 8, 2004 at 2:13:36 am

The "censored" and "Blind Date" effects, if I remember correctly, are just shapes with text added. They can be created in many photo editors and added to video as an overlay. I just created one in Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9 and added it as an overlay in Video Studio 8.

If by "moving blur" you mean the kind of effect you see in "Cops" where the face of a "perp" is obscured by blurring the video, that is not a very common effect. Moving Parts is the only one I personally know of. It works as a stand alone program or as a plugin to many video editors. (It doesn't work with Video Studio 8.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]