FORUMS: list search recent posts

croping in NLE

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ezDhawk
croping in NLE
on Sep 6, 2004 at 6:06:15 am

i'm new to this board and i wasn't really sure where to post this question. i'm trying to delete all the background information and just have my central figure appear... do i have to send this to photoshop and do it frame by frame????? to make this as clear as possible: i've filmed (videoed) people hailing cabs. now i'd like to eliminate evrything but the person hailing the cab. then loop their motion (this i have done). then, in a dark space project (multiple projectors of course) the different figures so it looks like they are waiving at each other. the piece is called "the freindly city". so, i just need to know how some of you guys might go about the process of eliminating the backgrounds. any and all help would be REALLY appreciated.

daniel

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: croping in NLE
on Sep 6, 2004 at 10:54:38 am

If you want to minimize the background info by enlarging your subject, this is pretty easy. In Video this is refered to as Pan & Zoom. Just about every advanced NLE (Premiere Pro, Vegas 5, Xpress DV, Liquid Edition) can do this. In Premiere you can use the 3D Motion control. Just zoom in on the image, then position the central zoom point using the positioning tool.

If you are trying to "pull" the figures from the main video this is more difficult. It involves using a mask. Vegas 5 has a great masking tool to do this. Be prepaired, this kind of work takes a great deal of time & effort, even with the best tools.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

ezDhawk
Re: croping in NLE
on Sep 6, 2004 at 5:52:58 pm

THANKS.... what if i just wanted everything to be black except the figure?????

daniel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]