FORUMS: list search recent posts

Primier Pro Export

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmonDV
Primier Pro Export
on Sep 5, 2004 at 8:54:13 pm

I have problem on exporting the footages with Premier 5.0/ 6.5/ Pro and Avid Dv Xp.
When using ‘EXPORT TO TAPE/ PRINT TO TAPE’ or even manual play on the timeline and rec on the DV camera.

During the export there is blank (No Video/No Sound) in the middle process and it’s unpredictable! Sometimes it happens after 5 minutes, 10 minutes and sometimes every 3 minutes during the export.

This is not a time code break, I selected the setting to automatically stop the process if time code break occur, but it didn’t stop, it continue rec.

But during playback on DV camera its ok. The problem only happens when I export it auto/ or manual rec. Why?!

My system
System - windows XP professional
Processor - AMD Athlon Xp 1.25 GHz
RAM - 1 GB (Before this was 512Mb, after upgrade still the same!)
MSI 8xAGP 64mb graphic card

Tried on using cheap fire wire card (can detect at the first place...after a while PC unable to detect and can’t even startup!)

Tried using Pinicle System fire wire card

Currently using fire wire included in the Audigy Creative Sound Card. (same thing happens)

I even tried with other cameras from XL1/ Panasonic AGDVX/ Sony PD-150/ and Consumer MiniDV!

I can’t figure out the problem! Anyone have any same experience/solution?
Or I have to switch to mac!!!?!??! ( in out of money!)
HELP!!!!

JimmonDV

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Primier Pro Export
on Sep 6, 2004 at 10:58:48 am

First guess is that you have something running in the background (ie anti-virus or file sharing). Make sure all non video editing software programs are shut dwon.

Your comment about a geenric firewire card messing with startup leads me to believe you could have a bigger issue. Most likely driver related. Please check out our top 10 tech tips page ASAP!
http://www.videoguys.com/Top10tech.htm

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]