FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pinnacle Winproducer 3 problems

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chessperr
Pinnacle Winproducer 3 problems
on Sep 4, 2004 at 1:54:14 pm

Hey peeps.

When I try to save my work in Winproducer 3, I get the errormessage, that "DVD authoring failed"?! What can be the problem here?!?! Any comments on that one?

I use a NEC 2500 DVD -/+ r

Thanks in advance!

/Chessperr

Return to posts index

dvdchap
Re: Pinnacle Winproducer 3 problems
on Sep 4, 2004 at 3:59:11 pm

If Winproducer fails there is nothing you can do. That message may mean a lot of things. Sometimes the film that is produced is too big for the disc i.e. for the DVD or CD. Sometimes it does not like like one of the video or audio files of the project. To summarise the error can be anything. You have to do trial and error. If you ask for technical support you will get nothing. I wish you good luck.

Return to posts index

Chessperr
on Sep 4, 2004 at 6:54:13 pm

OK! Sounds like Winproducer is the wrong choise when it comes to picking the right "producer"-software?

I'm new to this... what IS the best choise??

My project is to capture analog video from an old Samsung Video-8 camera, and convert it to DVD quality...

Thanx,

Chessperr

Return to posts index

dvdchap
on Sep 4, 2004 at 9:44:59 pm

After evaluating numerous software packages, I have developed some useful ideas in this area. Firstly, since you will be capturing analog video I would strongly suggest that you use a package that gives feedback on frames dropping. Pinnacle, Premier, VirtualDub and VirtualVCR do this. There may be others that I have not had the chance to evaluate. Certainly WinProducer does not give any feedback. Secondly, the package that you use for editing-authoring can be and should be different, because capturing and authoring are two entirely different processes and a tool which is good in one is not necessarily good in the other. For authoring look at Sonic MyDVD, Ulead Movie Factory and Vegas. Again I hear that there are many other good authoring tools, but probably I did not have the possibility nor the time to try them out. I hope these suggestions help. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask them. Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]