FORUMS: list search recent posts

starting out...sorta

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rebecca
starting out...sorta
on Aug 30, 2004 at 3:44:29 pm

We have a video business. we have upgraded to better software although I know that it is nothing compared to the stuff that "the big guns use"

I found this site and hope you can help. We have used Pinnacle and then we fell in love with Power Director because of all the extra effects which are necessary for the kind of videos we make and the population we serve. The problem is that when we transfer the edited video back on to the DV it JUMPS and SKIPS with the music and the video. Perhaps this is a compatibility problem?

At this point we are desperate to fix it because we have now two weddings (after tonight it will be three) to edit. HELP!

you can contact me here or off the list at geullah@hotmail.com

we want to buy Video Explosion or some other software...but I am worried about the compatibility. We have a Panasonic when I get home I will know the exact model...Panasonic MD 9000 I think???

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: starting out...sorta
on Aug 30, 2004 at 6:41:42 pm

Did you have the same problem with both your Pinnacle (Studio?) and Power Director? If not, check the output settings on both and try changing the Power Director output settings to match those of Studio.

Here is some information that you need to supply before any of the experts can help you:

Does the problem appear on the video when you output it back to tape, but not on the raw captured files? Does it appear when you play it on a TV and not on your computer?

What are your capture and output settings including video standard (NTSC or PAL), frame size, frame type and frame rate? The capture and output settings I use in my part of the world (North America) are NTSC, 720 x 480, Field Order A, 29.97fps. In particular, if the finished video used "Frame-based" as the frame type, there may be some flickering visible when the video is played back through a TV.

Of course, it could be that your computer is not up to snuff, so you should provide the computer specifications, including the processor, RAM type and amount, video card, operating system, and whether or not you have a dedicated video drive.

Return to posts index

D_
Re: starting out...sorta
by
on Aug 31, 2004 at 9:36:28 am

And what firewire board are you using?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]