<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
expocrewgrl
I need help and honest opinions
on Aug 4, 2004 at 12:44:47 am

Hi!

Here's my computer:

Intel P4 S478 3.2 CPU 800MHz FSB 512K Canterwood
Intel D865PERL
Western Digital 200GB 7,200RPM SATA Hard Drive MB Cache dedicated hard drive for video capture
2 80 gig hard drive for software
2 gig RAM (from 4 sticks Kingston 512MBPC3200 400MHz DDR)
ATI All-In-Wonder 9600XT graphics/capture card
Win XP
Creative Labs Sound Blaster 5.1 OEM Sound Card

I need to choose a NLE, but I want to be sure about what to get that is compatible with my computer. Also, I would like everybody's opinion on NLE software. Currently, I'm using Pinnacle Studio 8. However, I'm having trouble capturing audio with Studio 8, even though I'm using an ATI card (which had Studio 8 software)included with it. The question is, should I upgrade to Pinnacle Liquid Edition Pro? If I do, what audio editing system should I get with it, (because I understand that Pinnacle LE doesn't have a very robust audio editing system). Should I go with Adobe Premiere Pro? Should I go with Vegas 5? If anybody has some imput, I'd love to hear it. Thanks

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: I need help and honest opinions
on Aug 4, 2004 at 2:38:30 am

Assuming that your video capture is Mpeg 2, you will need software that is capable of editing Mpeg 2 without re-encoding unedited parts of the captured video. In addition to Studio 8/9, Sony's Screenblast Movie Studio 3.0 and Ulead's Video Studio 8 and Media Studio Pro 7 can do that.

Most of the advanced programs were designed to edit .avi, usually DV .avi captured through the fire wire port.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]