FORUMS: list search recent posts

MSPro7 - DV to tape via Timeline = glitches?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
captaincrunch
MSPro7 - DV to tape via Timeline = glitches?
on Jul 26, 2004 at 12:06:41 pm

System:
P4/2.3G/512k/Win2kPro(tweaked)/4g(system)/20g(video)/MSPro7

Working on a 24 min project. Output to DV via timeline. The first time everytthing seemed to copy fine. However, I noticed audio inconsistancies (another post) and a few blank frames here and there. Went back and fixed the .dvp file.

The next several times when using DV to tape via timeline I got multiple "glitches". Staggering video and missing or blank audio. Dropped frames I guess. I has to be coming from the computer because the DV cam records other stuff fine.

But, when I play the project from the timeline on the computer, it plays fine. I guess I could record it analog to SVHS if I had to.

So, anyway I renderd it last night to .avi file and sent it to tape that way. Everything did fine.

Why bad timeline transfer? I've cleaned and defraged the drive, done the tweaks . . . Should I increase the mem?

Or is it the AIW gremlin . . . .?

Return to posts index

D_
Re: MSPro7 - DV to tape via Timeline = glitches?
by
on Jul 27, 2004 at 2:15:48 pm

Crunch,

I used to have similar inconsistencies. It was a firewire card that was almost good enough for DV...but not quite perfect. I spent the cash to get an ADS Pyro and have not had any more dropped frames or glitches in the audio.

Your system as described should have no problems on output.

I suggest you find a way to test your system without the AIW card. You will know very quickly if that solves your discrepancies.

Return to posts index

captaincrunch
on Jul 28, 2004 at 12:48:02 pm

D_

Now I remember why I quit playing with video a long time ago. Everytime I thought I had what I needed I found that I needed something else, and it only cost a few hundred dollars more!

I guess you can do anything with enough time and money!

If . . . big if . . . I can make some money with what I have I PROMISE I will get another card, bigger hard drive, a new DV camera, a full AVID system, a new car and a private island in Fla Keys.

Until then, looks like I'll be whining a lot . . . yes, I have some cheese with that whine . . .

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Aug 4, 2004 at 10:54:49 am

Hmmmm,

I think the private island might put you a little over budget...

Yes, this can be quite an expensive hobby... with a plan and a budget it can be accomplished... Purchase carefully for a hassle-free experience.

Good Luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]