FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode probs

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ferryman
Timecode probs
on Jul 20, 2004 at 3:35:22 pm

Howdy - Total newbie.....I have striped my tapes as advised, but have since taken them out camcorder, and rewound them etc. Now when I try to capture in Premiere Pro with IN and OUT points then Log CLIP. Then batch capture...nothing gets captured, and the occasional message saying that it cannot find TIMECODE etc. I didn't have too much of a problem before I striped the tapes as I managed to capture some clips before. What am I doing wrong ???
How do I capture the video now ???

Thanks for any help...
Total novice with Poweroid 9220 (2 x 3.2 Xeons, Matrox RT X100, 2gb RAM - Canon XM2 Mini DV camcorder.

Return to posts index

D_
Re: Timecode probs
by
on Jul 21, 2004 at 10:28:44 am

I don't know what you, the software, or your striped tapes have going on and I can't directly help you there. But I have found that for a newbie and further for anyone having trouble capturing or outputting to tape, scenalyzer.com is just the perfect tool for you.

Give it a try and let me know if it works.

I have eliminated all of my capture blues by just relying on this piece of software to simply, efficiently, and accurately capture my video.

D

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Jul 21, 2004 at 10:29:39 am

I don't know what you, the software, or your striped tapes have going on and I can't directly help you there. But I have found that for a newbie and further for anyone having trouble capturing or outputting to tape, scenalyzer.com is just the perfect tool for you.

Give it a try and let me know if it works.

I have eliminated all of my capture blues by just relying on this piece of software to simply, efficiently, and accurately capture my video.

D

Return to posts index

Tmcman
on Nov 12, 2004 at 7:07:41 pm

I am having the same problem. I blacked rather than striped my tape by recording with the lens cap on. As I understand it does the same thing by laying down a consistent time code from end to end.
If I try to capture by hitting the record button it runs for a few seconds then stops and puts up a message about not being able to find the timecode. If I try to capture on the batch capture list it instantly says the batch capture is done but it has recorded nothing. I have tried with a Sony cam and a Canon cam and the result is the same so I don't think it can be the driver.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]