FORUMS: list search recent posts

This forum is Pitiful!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
captaincrunch
This forum is Pitiful!
on Jun 25, 2004 at 12:52:48 pm

Look at the posts. Look at how many times the post is read . . . 20 to 75 times! Then look at the replies. . . mostly 0! Some have 1 and only a few get any significant discussion.

Is it that people just don't care? Or that they are not on here much? Maybe because there are so many computer/video cards/software/camera configurations that finding someone to match your problem is unlikely?

I use forums for my vehicles and get 5 to 10 replies for each post. I get the "Yeah, mine did that and here's what I did . . . " type of posts.

I'm real disappointed here . . .

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: This forum is Pitiful!
on Jun 25, 2004 at 2:08:08 pm

We try to reply to as many posts as possible, but the object of the forum is for users to participate. I'm afraid we still have not gotten to a big enough base to get the kind of user participation we had hoped for.

We'll step up our participation, and I'd like to request that everyone else try as well.

You made an excellent point about sharing common problems. If you run across a post that is from a user haveing a similar experience to yours, let us know!! I think many readers don't have a solution, so they do not post at all. By jumping in and letting us know that you are also having difficulty, we can better assess the problem and run it up our and our vendors tech support groups.

Thanx for the feedback, even though it wasn'r positive. We will work hard to make these forums more responsive.

Gary
Videoguys.com

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Jun 25, 2004 at 2:43:18 pm

Look, for someone who is clearly a victim of URMS (unread manual syndrome), you are asking a lot for reply to every question you ask.

Return to posts index

captaincrunch
on Jun 25, 2004 at 4:40:10 pm

Yes, I do suffer from URMS, ADD, ADHD, USDA, WD40 any many other syndromes. But, surely 90% of the other members don't have these disorders. But I see very few replies to most of the posts.

I'm not asking the Videoguys to answer everyone. I know they have a business to run and can't be "putting out fires" all the time.

I've also come to realize that this is not the only Video forum that gets limited replies. Seems most that I've visited are the same. I guess that a "real" videographer is busy out making money and not dicking around on the internet . . .

I've just now started getting back into DTV. Learning MSPro7, ATI capture card and this new stuff called DV will take some time.

I appreciate this site. It was instrumental in my PII-300/Rainbow Runner/Matrox220/MSPro 5.2 setup. I have not yet "tweaked" my new system (need to get this video out ASAP) but will be as soon as I can. This website has more great information than any other I've been to.

I didn't mean to make anyone mad, just wanted to see if I'd get a reply.

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Jun 27, 2004 at 3:28:06 am

Usually, the same 4 people make replies here. I believe that most people are not sure enough of their knowledge to make a judgement or recommendation. I know that I only have experience with a few software packages. And the ones that I do know, I only work with when time allows. Same for this board. What a surprise to find over 20 unread forum posts!

Good Luck in all you do!

If you look around the posts, you'll see a lot of folks who ask one question, it doesn't get answered,and then you never hear from them again.

Perhaps they found their answer somewhere else. Perhaps they gave up. Perhaps they could leave a note....

Dylan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]