FORUMS: list search recent posts

Calling all ATI AIWpro 9000/MSPro7 users

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
captaincrunch
Calling all ATI AIWpro 9000/MSPro7 users
on Jun 23, 2004 at 3:26:20 pm

I need help setting up MSPro7 with my ATI All-in-wonder Pro/Radeon 9000 capture card. What settings to be able to capture S-video in/ edit it/ and output from timeline to tape?

I really need to get this video out ASAP

Thanks for any help

Return to posts index

D_
Re: Calling all ATI AIWpro 9000/MSPro7 users
by
on Jun 27, 2004 at 3:42:10 am

Hi Captain!

I hope you have another capture card to try. MSP 7 works great. I prefer to import video with Scenalyzer though. It just seems to work better with fewer glitches.

And probably not useful to you, but I use my DV camera to import analog video. Good Luck getting your All in Wonder card to import all your video!

Good Luck!

Dylan

Return to posts index

captaincrunch
on Jun 28, 2004 at 10:18:02 am

Nope! Except my old Matrox220/Rainbow Runner, and it's quality was not as good. It captured fine, though, but once I got it into MSPro5.2 sometimes I would get shuttering in the picture. There were too many things to get set right before I could make it work. (Had to convert all the frame rates, etc.)

Will AIW work just for capturing analog? What if I disconnect the FW card when working with my Hi8 stuff? I've still got a Sony CA327/
DXC9000 that I need to wear out.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Jun 28, 2004 at 1:21:06 pm

Yes, you use it the same way you would any other analog tape player.

You should at least know that the DV camcorder you have been using does have the capability to digitize analog video and pass it through the fire wire card to your computer. I know this because you mentioned in another post (either here or the Ulead forum) that it was set to off on the camcorder menu

Return to posts index

captaincrunch
on Jun 29, 2004 at 10:20:20 am

kdaves,
are you saying that I could play my old Hi8 tapes from my analog camera, into the Sony DV camera and then out through the FW card to capture on computer?

this may become interesting . . .

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Jun 29, 2004 at 11:02:34 am

Yes, I am saying that in one of your posts you mentioned a menu setting being set to "off" that seems to be a reference to analog-to-DV conversion.

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Jun 30, 2004 at 2:15:15 pm

Capt, you also mentioned borrowing someone's camera.

The DV conversion is a great feature of these cameras...

D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]