FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid OMFI file location problem (no links foun

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
honderich
Avid OMFI file location problem (no links foun
on Jun 21, 2004 at 4:02:07 pm

I'm trying to bring over a project from another computer via an external drive. But when I try to access the project on the new computer, I get a "media offline" message in the composer window due to it being unlinked to its previous location. I selected offline items and attempted to relink and it says "no links found." I'm unable to find where to relink the clips.

I tried deleting the database files. But it's still a problem. I have all the OMFI files on the J: drive (my C: drive is too small for them). Now if I copy one or two to the OMFI MediaFiles folder on my internal drive, they're automatically linked. But this doesn't make sense. The project file shouldn't have any problem linking to the same files on my J: drive, should it? After all, it's still in a OMFI MediaFiles folder.

I should mention that AVID sees the drive. Also tried "Mount All." It recognizes the drive but still only looks for OMFI files on the C: drive.

Also, I should mention that when I select offline items and attempt to relink, the computer takes a VERY short time to say "no links found." Shouldn't the search take longer?

Since the OMFI files are on the J: drive (there's not enough space for them on the C drive) I also tried this: uninstalling Avid on C and reinstalling it on J. But that still didn't work as the program continued to look for OMFI files on C. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]