FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rolling Titles

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Skip Gaede
Rolling Titles
on Jun 12, 2004 at 12:41:31 pm

Hi,

Currently I'm using Adobe Premiere 6.5, but intend to get a new system and software for our church. I'm probably going with Premiere Pro because we like what we can accomplish in Premiere. There are a couple of features I'm looking for:

1) Ability to import text into the titling software.
2) Rolling titles in the lower third of the screen.

I've discovered than Inscriber is the supplier of Premiere's Title Maker, and that their TitleMotion product allows import. So far, I haven't found anything that does the lower thirds scroll. I've been told that After Effects could do this. Can someone verify that, please.

Other suggestions/recommendations are welcome.

Thanks,
Skip

Return to posts index

Lloyd Coleman
Re: Rolling Titles
on Jun 15, 2004 at 7:14:21 pm

Using Premiere Pro:

1) I don't know about importing text, I will try it when I get home, but you can copy and paste text from another application like a word processor into the title area.

2) You can drag a bounding box any size you would like onto the screen to contain the scrolling text. So you could have the text scroll in the lower third, upper third, along one side, etc.

Return to posts index

Skip Gaede
Re: Rolling Titles
on Jun 15, 2004 at 8:06:39 pm

Hey, Thank you.

Since posting the question, I've been doing some research on my own, and discovered that the newer version of Premiere Pro, because it supports picture in picture, now supports the rolling title in the lower thirds (or anywhere else) feature.

Another program that also would work is Avid's Xpress DV software, and I could import text into the Boris Graffiti software that's bundled with AXP. Boris Graffiti is harder to work with than Premiere's Titler, cause it isn't WYSIWYG on top of the video.

Back to Adobe. The Adobe Titler is made by Inscriber.com. They have a plugin called TitleMotion for $300.00 that does a much nicer job of titling than the basic software included with my version of Premiere. Adobe says on their web site that plugin works with Premiere 6.5, but the Inscriber web site has recently announced that they now have a fix so their software works with Premiere Pro. Guess I won't know about that until I try it.

With Premiere 6.5 you need to type in the credits by hand, which can be painful. If you find anything out about pasting text from another window into the titler, that would be Fantastic!

Thanks again,
Skip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]