FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ken Burns pans with Adobe Pro?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
KentC
Ken Burns pans with Adobe Pro?
on Jun 4, 2004 at 4:26:37 pm

Just getting started on video editing. I'm going to build a system and for a long time I was leaning towards Vegas. But the new V5 with DVD+ is 700, for the same price I can get the Matrox x10 suite with the hardware and Adobe pro.

I have no legacy issues, I'm not accustomed to a particular software. But I would like to use lots of stills with the pan and zoom effects to make some family history videos. Can Adobe Pro do that?

Otherwise, it seems pretty obvious, great software and hardware trumps great software only. Any flaw in this?

Of course I'm going to look into both packages more and try some demo downloads but I would love to hear any pros and cons.

Return to posts index

Lloyd Coleman
Re: Ken Burns pans with Adobe Pro?
on Jun 4, 2004 at 8:37:28 pm

Yes, Premiere Pro is great for panning and zooming on stills. I find the motion controls great for this kind of work. The one thing to look for when you start doing this is to un-check the option in the effects menu 'pin to clip'. This will allow you to start your pans and zooms during the transition between two clips so you don't see a stationary clip for a few frames during the transition and then suddenly see the clip start moving.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]