FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burning still image movie to CD...

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vince
Burning still image movie to CD...
on May 31, 2004 at 11:26:42 pm

Tried to burn a movie I made containing still images from Pinnacle 9 to a CD. The file is under 750 MB perhaps 720 or so and should fit, but Pinacle will not burn to a CD?

Then got a DVD and tried the same thing, and it saved ok. Only problem is it will only play on an HP image player similar to Win. Media 9. The movie plays jerky and no sound on Win Media 9, Real Player and cannot figure out why?

Secondly am trying to capture video from a Gateway minicam mpeg4 camcorder to Pinnacle but i ONLY RECEIVE A BLANK CAPTURE. I then noted that the video from the camcorder says it is trying to save as an asf file?

Any help?

Return to posts index

Vince
Re: Burning still image movie to CD...
on Jun 1, 2004 at 4:57:00 am

I researched some information tonight on capturing video to Pinnacle with the .asf extension. It looks to me like I need a thing called a Video converter, that will convert the .asf file to avi or mpeg. Does anyone know which video converter is the best. Would like to have opinion on the best to buy and the best free if their is such a beast.

Also see that there is comehting called codecs. I was able to locate on XP and review the installed codecs although I have no idea what they mean. I then did some research and found a whole slew of codecs you can downlaod for free. Can anyone give me any idea what codes are best to download and how do they operate?

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Burning still image movie to CD...
on Jun 1, 2004 at 11:26:34 am

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/technologies/overview.aspx

The above is a link to the Microsoft site for Windows Media Player 9 series which includes the .asf codec. Have you tried Windows Movie Maker with the camcorder?

The Pinnacle Studio page says that Studio 9 supports both Windows Media 9 and VCD's. Of course you need a DVD player capable of playing VCD's.

Also, what type of cd-r/rw media are you using? 700MB is the max for the most common type.

Re-looking at the Studio spec's, they say nothing about supporting capture or input of Windows Media 9 files, only output to them.
What does your camcorder manual say about capturing video from the camcorder, specifically, what program does it say to use.

Also, the Studio 9 spec's say nothing about creating slideshows. You would be better off using a dedicated slideshow creation program. Of course, you would need a DVD player that is capable of playing the output from these programs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]