FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Premiere help

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jmoore2001
Adobe Premiere help
on May 27, 2004 at 2:43:52 am

So I'm trying to put together this wedding video using Adobe Premiere 6.0
I'm capturing the video on my computer via the Sony DV camcorder that the tape is on. I am trying to edit the film and then put it on DVD, so obviously I want the best quality possible.

The problem is, when I capture the video to the computer on the highest quality settings, the total size is 16 GB (and thats just the wedding...not the reception!) which accounts for 1 hour and 20 minutes approximately. Now I have some DVD+R media but you can only put like 4 GB on those things or whatever, so how am I supposed to put HIGH quality video on that? Somehow I have to make the video smaller, but I don't want to lose quality!

On that same line, since the video is so huge, everytime I make a change or anything the program just freezes for like 10 minutes (because it's using so many resources I guess) so its extremely hard to edit!

Please help guys!

System specs:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0
Athlon XP 2500+ @ 2.2Ghz
(2)256 Corsair XLS CL=2.0
WD Raptor 37GB 10k rpm SATA
Seagate 120GB 7.2k rpm SATA
(just to show I have a pretty decent setup for video editing)

Return to posts index

treetsux
Re: Adobe Premiere help
on May 27, 2004 at 7:31:55 am

After you edit, you will have to convert the video mpeg2 for dvd...thats how you will get it to fit on the DVD. As far as the system being slow, try turning everything that is not needed for premiere to run off.

a couple places to go are:
1. ctrl+alt+del
2. type msconfig in the run menu
3. type services.msc (if you have XP) in the run menu

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]