FORUMS: list search recent posts

New System and software.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vince
New System and software.
on May 18, 2004 at 4:10:15 pm

Well we went ahead and purshased our new computer video editing system a few days ago. Hopefully it will arrive sometime by weeks end or first of the week.I want to personally thank the Videoguys forums, information and emails for helping us put together a system which we think will be appropriate for our needs.

The only complaint I have, is ours, where we did not add on a second hard drive, but its on the list to obtain one. Everything I have read and reviewed as well as Studio 9's suggestion is for a dedicated hard drive just for the video production.

After reviewing all of the comments and suggestions on Pinnacle Studio 9, we finally went ahead and bought it anyway. As many know their are endless confusing rants and raves against this product, but as someone told me, most complaints seem to be because of insufficient hardware.

At any rate, I installed Studio 9 on my old machine. So far so good, and no glitches to report other than my undersized memory of 256 MB.

Several questions though as pertains to transitions and audio:

1. Disappointed with the limited transition effects. Can you add third party effects from somewhere or are you limited to purchasing the Pinnacle effects?

2. Same with Background music. Are you limited to the Smartsounds or can you purchase third party product here. How about using music tracks off a music CD. What ware the copyright restrictions?

3. Same for sound effects. Are there any good free sources for sound efects or?

Thanks for all the good advice and emails...;)

Vince

Return to posts index

Abner Mull
Re: New System and software.
on May 18, 2004 at 4:45:34 pm

I'm not familiar with Studio 9, but if it lets you use .wav files or extract from CD, you do have to be careful about copyright. In general, you cannot use music tracks from a regular CD for commercial productions (without paying royalties, and it's a real hassle and can be really expensive to obtain permission). There are places that sell royalty-free "production music" and you can use this without any further payments, though the up-front cost is generally higher than you might like to see. Same holds true for sound effects.

Check out http://www.sound-ideas.com for one compnay that sells productionmusic and sound effects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]