FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dazzle DV Editor for Notebooks problem

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sandyq
Dazzle DV Editor for Notebooks problem
on Sep 6, 2002 at 4:34:20 pm

Yesterday I purchased a JVC GR-DVL120U Mini DV camera and a Dazzle DV Editor for Notebooks so I could tape and edit my kids soccer games on the computer. When I went to hook up Dazzle I followed the directions exactly and when I try to capture it tells me "Error: Connection to capture driver failed. It maybe in use or has been moved."

I checked my Devise Manager and it shows the Firewire card and drivers but it does not show a camera. I called Dazzle and they had me change the driver to the firewire from Texas Instruments to OHCI Compliant and it still does not work. The tech. threw up his hands and said he could figure it out and had to transfer this to an higher tech. and it may take days to get back to me.

I went and exchanged the Dazzle product making sure it wasn't a faulty product, and the new Dazzle has the same problem. My laptop is a Toshiba Tecra 8100 with plenty of resources to run the program.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Dazzle DV Editor for Notebooks problem
on Sep 6, 2002 at 7:33:05 pm

Hi there
I'm not too sure if this will help but I guess its worth a shot:
Perhaps restart your computer so everythings running fresh, or at least close all the programs. Open your editing program that came with Dazzle.

1: Make sure your camera is in VTR mode
2: Check that the cable and capture card are secure
3: Check the capture settings in the software program that came with dazzle that you are trying to capture with. Check that it is set for NTSC (I'm assuming) and that the audio is set to 12 or 16bit, depending on what your camcorder is set to capture at. Also check the other settings very carefully.

If the error still persists you should go to the dazzle website and double check to see that your camera is compatible.
Good luck, hope things work out for you!

Return to posts index

JimBask
Re: Dazzle DV Editor for Notebooks problem
on Oct 18, 2002 at 8:34:13 pm

Make sure your camera is not going into a sleep mode. The camera must be on for it to be recognized

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]