FORUMS: list search recent posts

msp7 vs premiere pro

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
styx123
msp7 vs premiere pro
on Apr 15, 2004 at 4:28:48 am

Which is more powerful? I have msp 6.5 and premiere 6.0 and want to upgrade but which one?

Return to posts index

D_
Re: msp7 vs premiere pro
by
on Apr 20, 2004 at 10:01:27 am

Have you used either of them? Which do you enjoy using more? I personnally use MSP 6.5. It's got a few bugs that MSP 7.0 fixes, but not for the price they are asking. There are not enough major feature upgrades for me to pay for the slight changes to MSP 7.0.

I used Premiere back in version 5.0 and haven't touched it since so I can't give you a good comparison.

~D

Return to posts index

Jerry Jones
on Apr 20, 2004 at 10:04:38 pm

You could download the FREE trial version of Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7.0 from the Web page at the following link:

http://www.ulead.com/msp/trial.htm

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Apr 24, 2004 at 1:24:05 am

Jerry,

Thanks for your timely post. I wandered over to the Ulead site [by clicking through the link on your site], and I discovered that Ulead lowered the upgrade price to just $149. A great chance for me to download the trial version and see if this is worth the new lower price!

Having trouble getting the FTP server to respond to my request, but I'll be sure to report back on what I find. The titler alone looks like it is worth the upgrade.

So thanks again for the post.

Good Luck in all you do!

Sincerely,

Dylan

Return to posts index

Vince
on Apr 26, 2004 at 3:31:40 pm

I have been trying to download the trail version of MSP 7 for several days without success. Anyone else having problems...Even Ulead has failed to respond to questions concerning this.

Thanks,

Vince

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Apr 26, 2004 at 10:55:53 pm

I had trouble too, but as I read your post, I took a minute to check again. FTP site 1 and 2 were down, but....

I got FTP Site 3 to respond! I am in the middle of the download right now! At 95Mb and 59 Kb/sec it is still going to take a while...O.K. Download complete.

If you still have troubles, let me know and I'll find a way to get my downloaded file to you.

Dylan

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Apr 26, 2004 at 11:12:08 pm

Ditto on both counts. I was able to download Cool3D and VideoStudio7... But that was just to confirm it could be done.

Hey wait a minute... As I took a break from typing this to go and check once more, I got FTP Site 3 to respond! I am in the middle of the download right now! At 95Mb and 59 Kb/sec it is still going to take a while...

If you still have troubles, I'll find a way to get my file to you.

Dylan

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Apr 27, 2004 at 7:20:33 am

I just installed the trial version of MSP 7.0.

It is identical to MSP 6.5 but the titler is much better! (Thanks for your review Jerry). In MSP 6.5 I struggled for hours to make a smooth rolling credits screen that stopped at the end and then faded away. With MSP 6.5, you could have either rolling or static text, but not both. And no way to add keyframes to the text other than exporting it as an .avi and then reimporting it. But then you lose the ability to edit the text. So to get the text to stop, I used the last frame and duplicated it, but I could not get it to line up! I had to move and resize the last frame so that I could get it to remain on screen. That was hours of wasted work. With MSP 7.0, I just select text, animation, fly, customize and make my changes! And that only took me 5 seconds to figure it out and execute!

This alone is worth the $150 updgrade price. Will check more features when I get a chance.

Now if only they had a storyboard mode to switch to...That would really be something!

Dylan

Return to posts index

styx123
on Apr 27, 2004 at 12:55:54 pm

thanks for all your help. I downloaded the Premiere pro tryout and used it for awhile. It sure loads up faster and works only with Windows XP but I had trouble capturing over a minute.With the decrease in price on MSP 7 I will probably go with that and stay with the familiar

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Apr 28, 2004 at 7:54:30 am

While I was out checking out these upgrades, I decided to also check out Avid Free to compare. I had to build a new partition to install WinXP since I run Win98SE. Long story short, WinXP doesn't play well with my legacy devices (iWill KA266R, sound and RAID on the MOBO, and an old LinkSys 53C810 SCSI Card). And that may have affected Avid's software because all I got was fidgety screens that left trails and would not run properly.

Yes, stick with what works. Thanks for your question--In attempting to provide accurate suggestions, I also searched around and I discovered that upgrading to XP is not cost effective for my video machine (but my laptop is much improved after upgrading to XP). And I also discovered that MSP 7.0 is great!

So I solved my own dilemmas attempting to answer yours...

DylanLaughing

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]