FORUMS: list search recent posts

? Buy Pinnacle 9 - horrible consumer reviews?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fishinggent
? Buy Pinnacle 9 - horrible consumer reviews?
on Mar 26, 2004 at 2:53:35 pm

I am new to NLE and want to begin on the right foot. I am interested in the features of Pinnacle Studio 9, but have read many many bad ratings from consumers with 3.2 HT processors, 1 gb mem, and 128 graphic cards. Combined Pinnacle 8 and Pinnacle 9 have more than a 60 to 70% disapproval rating with sound to video mismatch, dropped frames, freezing up, not rendering correctly. I just want to make the right decision with my limited budget. I have seen a good review of Cyberlink's PowerDirector 3. Does anyone know how this performs. I have a 3.2 HT processor, 256 graphics, 2 gb mem, raid 0 240, and firewire.

Thanks,

Alan

Return to posts index

Vince
Re: ? Buy Pinnacle 9 - horrible consumer reviews?
on May 10, 2004 at 4:34:42 pm

I am new to the game but have done extensive research on the Pinnacle 9 product. I think I looked at every review there is. We are starting off with Pinnacle 8 which seems so far to work very well, although we have not attmepted to burn to any media yet, so can't give you any advice on that.

But all the reviews including Pinnacles own website, suggest Pinnacle 9 is a total disaster. The main info I get is that their is a lot of trouble burning to DVD's that it crashes frequently and that tech support is lousy or non-existent at best. I also see a lot of compaints about no patches for all the bugs that are contained in their product. Too bad if thats the case, as we were looking at 9 to start off with.

On the high end we have looked at Pinnacle Edition 5, which seems to so far have terrific reviews, but it is pricey!

Return to posts index

zelkien69
Re: ? Buy Pinnacle 9 - horrible consumer reviews?
on Jul 2, 2004 at 4:03:42 pm

Pinnacle is a lousy customeer service company. I started with 9.0 and had about 80% success with projects using a P4 2.2 1gig ram 256ram video and sata hard drives. Each update .08 & .1 have added numerous headaches. The latest, .1, stripping my computer of their USB movie hub (by F.A. Porsche blah blah blah...What do you call a Porshe that doesn't work? Broken!) drivers, refusing to recognize them no matter how they were installed, kicking me off everytime I use Hollywood FX (which is what the patch really is, a sales tool that is backfiring on the company) because when my cursor even goes near a PRO FX offering the program shuts down. No end task or freeze or error report situation just gone. Please do not use Pinnacle they are cashing in on good reviews from mags and companys, look to your fellow consumers for the truth.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]