FORUMS: list search recent posts

Migrating from Mac/iMovie - best choice?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
uw_editor
Migrating from Mac/iMovie - best choice?
on Mar 8, 2004 at 3:36:10 am

I've been reviewing the forums & would like some advice specific to my situation.

Here's what I do:
Take 2 to 3 hours of mini-DV raw footage of underwater video that I've taken, and turn it into a 30 to 60 minute video, with imported music from my CD collection. Add a few transitions (nothing fancy), & titles. This involves lots of clip trimming & rearranging on the timeline (most clips tend to be 8 to 30 seconds long).

How I've BEEN doing it:
On a dual G4 Powermac using just the iMovie software that comes with the OS. Edited the video using this system, exported back to mini DV camera, then put on VHS.

How I WILL be doing it:
On a Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop with firewire input. I have a DVD+RW burner, and right now have Sonic DVD My DVD deluxe. I was able to create DVDs from a movie I edited on my Mac.

What I want:
A good video editor that's stable, works with WinXP Pro, and is not too expensive. It's got to support music inputs from CD, adjusting audio levels on the video clips, and easy clip trimming. If it has more than one "bookshelf" for helping me sort clips that would be great.
I also want a good DVD authoring set - I'm not happy with the My DVD program as it limits what you can put for text and buttons (like it forces the word "Chapters" onto your chapter menu, and won't allow more than one paragraph of text without carriage returns).

Do you have any recommendations? I've been working with iMovie for a few years, & it fits my needs for editing just fine. I don't need fancy effects.

Thanks for any advice (other than I should have kept my Mac).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]