FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATI 8500DV Capture Problem

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gbozich
ATI 8500DV Capture Problem
on Sep 1, 2002 at 11:18:22 pm

I am using a ATI 8500DV card to capture analog/VHS tapes to MPEG2. I am getting a narrow/squiggly line at the bottom of my screen/mpeg files. I thought it might be tracking or a dirty vhs but not so. Any suggestions on where else I may look? I am running a Athlon 1.2 with 512 memory, and all programs are disabled. Maybe a software setting? Bios tweak? The problems does ot happen when I run the VCR through my TV - so it's definitely a capture thing. Thank you for any help!

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: ATI 8500DV Capture Problem
on Sep 2, 2002 at 1:02:15 am

Isn't that what is usually called "noise"?

Return to posts index

joharley
on Feb 3, 2003 at 5:56:41 am

I get the same thing recording analog from my Sony TRV40 Super8 camcorder. I could never get my Adobe Premiere 6.5 to recognize the ATI 8500DV card for recording purposes. I find the ATI 8500DV very confusing to understand and operate.... I have since purchased a Canon Elura 2MC digital camcorder which offers full DV control and works perfectly with Premiere.
What I now do for recording from analog is pipe the signal directly to the Canon Elura, then record to Premiere. Seems to work fine, without the "noise". It's a longer process, but the video and audio looks and sounds good.

Return to posts index

Mark Perez
on Mar 17, 2003 at 8:05:41 pm

I want my advise to be taken w/ caution, I have the 8500DV and it works great w/ premiere 6.0 & 6.5, however to get it to work just right I had to do a fresh install, It captures w/ the firewire great
and the analog works through VCR, but have not used it for camcorder input. spend time on their website and reveiw all the info, it worked for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]