FORUMS: list search recent posts

Analog to DVD

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jfranco
Analog to DVD
on Sep 1, 2002 at 4:40:26 pm

Hello!
I am currently looking for a good analog video capture solution. I do not have a DVD burner, but will probably be buying the DVR-A04 and would also like to purchase the analog capture card at the same time. I am interested in capturing VHS, editing it (possibly adding subtitles to foreign lang. prints) and then burning to DVD (with menus, chapters....) with very good quality results. I have heard people have encountered frame loss (sometime major) from lower end capture cards and was wondering what the best product is for capturing high quality, but at the same time not spending a fortune on a high-level professional solution.

I have an HP 2.0 GHZ, with 120 GB HD.

thanks!
jerry

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: Analog to DVD
on Sep 3, 2002 at 2:09:03 am

Is this the HP Pavillion? Do you have an onboard video card?

- Jon

Return to posts index

jfranco
on Sep 3, 2002 at 2:20:17 am

hello!
yes...it's an HP Pavillion with an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX420 card.

jerry

Return to posts index

tjruberg
on Sep 9, 2002 at 3:59:37 am

This may not work for you but....... I just bought the panasonic DMR-E20 standalone burner (like a VHS recorder). I also own the DV500-DVD. I get outstanding results with the panasonic. Best Buy was clearing them out for $420.00 (one week prior was $999.95). No Firewire, not progressive scan out, no 16:9 record, no optical digital record. I am sure future models will have better features but I will be converting VHS to DVD with outstanding results.

It does a much better job of archive transfers than my DV500. If I need to edit the VHS I still need to capture through the DV500. I love my DV500 but the panasonic is as simple as it gets to transfer VHS to DVD. Output quality is top notch.

Return to posts index

JimBask
on Oct 18, 2002 at 8:32:11 pm

Does your HP Pavillion have an IEEE-1394 FireWire card built into it? If it does than your best video capture/DVD authoring solution may be a new product we are expecting from Dazzle called the Real Time Video Producer. There is no hardware to install so it will work great with any computer that has a DV input! It sells for $499.95 and includes the full-version of Adobe Premiere plus Dazzle's DVD Complete software. We also have a bundle with the Dazzle RTVP and the Pioneer DVRA04 for only $899.95
http://www.videoguys.com/dpsrtvp.html
http://www.videoguys.com/DVDbundles.html

Return to posts index

JimBask
on Oct 18, 2002 at 8:37:24 pm

The stand-alone recorders are great for archiving. We have the Philips DVR985 for only $799 that does a great job!

But if you want more creativity (i.e. interactive menus, chapter points, etc.) you will need to get a computer drive and a decent authoring software.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]