FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere 6.5, x100 and JVC brd600ea 1394 riddle

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ezroller
Premiere 6.5, x100 and JVC brd600ea 1394 riddle
on Feb 5, 2004 at 12:24:21 pm

I have a rather puzzling problem.I have JVC BRD600e and JVC BRD600EA professional dv decks.The EA model is obviously the newer of the two and strangly the one has problems with the device control in Premiere 6.5. The problem occurs when I try to use the shuttle control in the movie capture window.Full speed rewind and fast foward are fine , however when i try to rewind/fast foward at slow speed the deck will start rewinding/ff slowly then remain at that speed and then i lose control of the deck and premiere. The only way I can regain control is to stop the deck manually, switch it off and then back on again.Hey presto we have control of the application and the deck again...Until i want to slowly rwd/ff then the same problem is encountered.Okay first thoughts are a deck problem , so I switch over to the older E model( which has never had a firmware upgrade) and the cheaky blighter works perfectly.Every time.

Anyone have similar problem?
What's the best steps to troubleshoot it?
Who should I have a moan at?

My system specs:
Windows XP pro( clean install all recent service packs, only premiere running on it)
DELL OPTIplex GX270(uptodate BIOS)
p4 3.0 GHZ
1GB ram
80gb AV DRIVE
40GB SYSTEM
mATROX rtX100 EXTEME Driver build 4263
soundblaster live
Premiere 6.5

Return to posts index

hellopaul
Re: Premiere 6.5, x100 and JVC brd600ea 1394 riddl
on Feb 5, 2004 at 1:31:03 pm

Oi Dave, Stop surfing the net and get back to work. lol

guess who ??

Return to posts index

ezroller
Re: Premiere 6.5, x100 and JVC brd600ea 1394 riddl
on Feb 5, 2004 at 4:00:41 pm

I should further mention that I have tried every seek method in the device control and same problem exsists.The system was also tested under a windows 2000 build. The weird part for me is that when these decks were used with a rt2500 system none of these issues were raised.Possible Matrox rt.x100 device control drivers?

Thanks in advance to anyone out there that has the magic solution

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]