FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Video 4 VS Ulead Media Stuido Pro 7

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregger
Vegas Video 4 VS Ulead Media Stuido Pro 7
on Feb 3, 2004 at 7:16:55 pm

I am looking for feature comparison charts with Vegas Video 4 and Ulead Media Studio Pro 7.

Also, if anyone can find something with Vegas Video 4 and the top professional editing software (like: Final Cut Pro, etc.) that would be nice too.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mike Kuna
Re: Vegas Video 4 VS Ulead Media Stuido Pro 7
on Feb 3, 2004 at 11:22:52 pm

I think it depends on what you are using your software for. I do a lot of hobby video, some creative hobby video and some event video. I have MSP and Vegas (and I also had Edition and Adobe). I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, but the program that I love is Vegas. The interface is elegant and the controls are wonderful (for instance it has great color correction controls). Despite having the other software I consistently go back to Vegas when I have to get a project done. The interface is a bit different from the other programs, so this may turn you off. I would rate the above programs as follows:

1) Vegas...wonderful, stable, a pleasure to work with but not a lot of plug ins. Great MPEG codec.
2. MSP A real value as it includes several other programs. Easy to use and stable. Nice CG program. Perfect if you want a professional door-to-door package at a rock bottom price.
3. Adobe (based on 6.5) very nice program but somewhat dated. Lots or plug ins and it integrates with other Adobe products. Less stable then the top two programs.
4. Edition...everyone loves it, I hate it. I can never figure out how to do things in this program. Just capturing video was a nightmare. When I finally figured out how to capture, it wasn't a big deal but getting there was wasted time. If you like really cool interfaces, you will like Edition.

Return to posts index

Jerry Jones
on Feb 4, 2004 at 4:19:55 pm

mikeku,

I'm a huge fan of Ulead MediaStudio Pro.

I'm curious about Vegas, however.

Does Vegas feature MPEG edit capability as does Ulead MediaStudio Pro?

Or is Vegas best-suited for DV .avi editing only?

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Feb 5, 2004 at 1:17:15 am

So far the only app I can recommend for high end MPEG2 editing is MS Pro. On the low end side Pinnacle Studio can edit MPEG2.

Vegas can't edit MPEG2 files, but it will work with just about everything else. It is great for DV and creating web video content.

Vegas, Premiere Pro, Avid Xpress & Edition all will NOT edit MPEG2 files. They can export MPEG2 files, but you work with DV.

Gary
Videoguys.com

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Jerry Jones
on Feb 5, 2004 at 4:50:11 pm

Thanks for the information, Gary.

May I ask another question?

I have written a step-by-step tutorial about Ulead MediaStudio Pro's SCANNING & INDEXING tools:

http://www.jonesgroup.net/scanindexstepone.htm

As the tutorial exlains, Ulead MediaStudio Pro has the ability to scan a MiniDV tape, create an electronic "index" of scenes on the tape using thumbnails and meta data.

Which of the other software packages offer this type of support for documentary-style video production?

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]