FORUMS: list search recent posts

compression

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nethera
compression
on Jan 26, 2004 at 5:07:44 am

Hey there, I am brand new to digital video and are in need of some help involving compression and exporting.

My question is: what are the best settings to choose from for getting the best quality and smallest file size in premier 6?

I realize that this question has probably been asked about a zillion times but I did a search for compression on the forum and didnt come up with anything.

For the moment I want to make vcd's and soon will be making dvd's out of my video, I would also like to post some stuff on the web as well, I have a 500 meg webserver to use. What are the best compression options for what I want to do?

I would like to know what are the best sizes for capture, the best codecs for compression, quality size "as in 0-100" and anything else I should know to get maximum quality and smallest file size.

Thank you in advance for helping me out.

Take care
Neth

Return to posts index

Hricco
Re: compression
on Jan 28, 2004 at 6:50:19 pm

Hello Neth

Good Question, Commpression, Codecs, and file sizes have been a topic of discussion for sometime now, Which codec or compression ration to use for a specific medium? Like VCD you mentioned. Vcd's require an MPEG 1 file. use premiere's Export option and choose MPEG 1. That will get you going. MPEG2 is used fo DVD's. Usually you can choose which codec the PC will use to compress the file into a MPEG1 format. The first Codec you will come across in the list is the Anamation codec, this is basically an a nice high qulity codec to use for rendering out titles and graphics. futher down the list you will see the Sorensen 3 Codec or the Squeeze codec. Great for MPEG 1 for keep the quality high and the file size low. I hope this helps

Herb

Videoguys.

Return to posts index

Nethera
on Jan 29, 2004 at 3:38:59 am

That is a big help, thanks much. I also did some tinkering around of my own and found for general purposes that the intel indeo video codec with about 75% quality reduces file size quite a bit while still maintaining very good quality.

Thanks
neth

Return to posts index

Hricco
on Feb 16, 2004 at 5:12:56 pm

And there you have it, just messing around with codecs and settings you'll almost always find the one that suites your needs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]