FORUMS: list search recent posts

EXTERNAL MONITOR

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Natemare13
EXTERNAL MONITOR
on Jan 5, 2004 at 9:41:27 pm

Alright guys i got a question, what do I need to preview my work on an external monitor as im editing (such as the option in vegas video, or avid) I can use my Firewire card to output the video to my camera, but its a gl1 and does not have a passive passthrough to convert to composite (red yellow white) so i can connect it to my tv. Is there something that connect to my firewire card via firewire (duh) and has a breakout to composite? Just so i can view my work on a normal TV as im editing

Return to posts index

pedro
Re: EXTERNAL MONITOR
on Mar 15, 2004 at 8:58:07 am

Hi,

I have been asking the same question on various forums but as yet no answers. Did you find a way to preview your work on a external TV set?

I think it can be done using the TV-out port on a graphics card such as matrox parhelia. However, like you, I wondered if it could be done using a breakout box such as canopus ADVC100. The ADVC100 convertor has A to D and D to A conversion. The spec says that you can output from PC in DV format and it will convert to analogue for recording back to VHS etc. I wanted to find out whether it could be used to send analogue signal to TV set to show premiere output in realtime while editing.

Any ideas or info you have will be very welcome.

Pete

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 15, 2004 at 2:07:24 pm

Many, Many folks are using an AV/DV converter like the ADVC100 to output from Vegas, Premiere, Xpress or Edition. You simply attach the ADVC100 to your FireWire port and then plug the AV outputs into your TV.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

randytenn
on Mar 16, 2004 at 7:05:36 pm

Nate,

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question, but with a GL1, you can take the output from the firewire card to a TV. Plug the three wire (red, white, yellow) into the camera on the back, and then into your tv monitor. If the camera is on in tape position, it should output what is on your computer to the monitor.

I've done it quite a bit. Let me know if I misunderstood what you were trying to do.

Randy Tennison
Stonewall Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]