FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which software for me?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yllw98stng
Which software for me?
on Nov 24, 2003 at 10:34:35 pm

I am looking at purchasing a new laptop to be used with Video Editing. I am currently using a P4 2.4 Ghz desktop with a Pinnacle Pro-One and Adobe Premiere 6.5. I am planning on getting a Hyperthreaded 3.0 Ghz laptop with 512 Mb. of Ram. Now I am just trying to decide which video editing software to go with. I am a student so I can get Avid Express for the student price of $400. At the moment all that I do is make photo montages. My biggest concern is the number of transitions. I need A LOT! Which program is going to off me the best and quickest solution for making photo montages? I don't really need the analog out of the pro one anymore as everything goes to a DVD first before I make VHS copies.
Thanks for your time,
Jason Garrett

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Which software for me?
on Nov 25, 2003 at 4:04:47 pm

I think that for Photo Montages on a laptop Vegas4 is your best bet. It has great pan & zoom capabilities, you can fly the stills all over the screen, and it's got really nice compositing.

http://www.videoguys.com/vegasvideo.html

Gary
Videoguys.com

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

yllw98stng
on Nov 25, 2003 at 9:28:09 pm

Are there many tranistions included with Vegas? Are there many addon plugins you can buy? I know that Edition claims to have 1000+ effects/transitions which sounds good to me. How does vegas compare?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Nov 26, 2003 at 2:56:50 pm

Edition is the winner formost 3d transitions and animations. Vegas has an excellent selection to choose form as well.

Check out my RT5 real-time NLE comparison http://www.videoguys.com/RT5.html

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]