FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ulead DVD Workshop - problem

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fredrik Livendahl
Ulead DVD Workshop - problem
on Nov 10, 2003 at 6:23:57 pm

Since nobody has been able to solve my problem I´ll try this forum...

I have a project with 15 menues and 12 dv avi-clips. When I try to save the project to an image file the process starts (converting video/audio files, step 1/5), but then my "windows swap file/virtual memory file" starts filling up and when it is full the program crashes, it usually crashes when it comes to about 10% of process. How do I solve this problem.

I have tried increasing my swap file to 4GB (the maximum), but it still doesn´t work.
I have a Pentium 4, 2.4GHz with 256RAM

I really need to finnish this project so I would be really thankful for any help.

Fredrik

Return to posts index

Jerry Jones
Re: Ulead DVD Workshop - problem
on Nov 13, 2003 at 10:28:41 pm

What I am wondering is why you would want to "convert" or "re-encode" your source files in the first place.

I instead follow the following workflow:

1. Convert DV .avi source files to DVD-compliant MPEG files using my video *editor* (in my case that's Ulead MediaStudio Pro);

2. Insert files that already comply with DVD disc standards into Ulead DVD Workshop;

3. I then adjust my project settings in Ulead DVD Workshop to match and I check the DO NOT CONVERT COMPLIANT MPEG FILES box.

As a result, no re-encoding occurs.

But if you must follow the workflow you have outlined, then I would suggest that you bring that issue to the attention of Ulead's tech support team.

You can phone them:

Call 1 (310) 896-6391, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm PST.

Or you can log-in to the page at the following link:

http://www.ulead.com/tech/suppform.htm

I'm sorry - I've never run into the problem you described in months and months of using Ulead DVD Workshop.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]