FORUMS: list search recent posts

Merging Two Videos?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eman
Merging Two Videos?
by
on Nov 4, 2003 at 9:14:21 pm

I'm not even sure if this is possible but here is what I would like to do. Example: Take one clip with a person's actions while blocking out the background and everything else on the clip. Merging this person onto another clip with another person with it's background, making it appear that it was originally filmed that way. I hope I explained that where it wasn't too confusing. Any ideas on techniques or certain software I would need?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Merging Two Videos?
on Nov 4, 2003 at 9:30:13 pm

Their are several ways to do this. The first is with chromakey.
You shoot the actor to be added to the clip in front of a green or blue screen. His actions need to be co-ordintaed with the second video layer.

You then use a function called chromakey to superimpose the first actor onto the new video. The green or blue background will become transparent. The better the keyer, the more detail you'll be able to get on the edges. For more info on chromekaying see our RTX100 http://www.videoguys.com/rtx100.html and UltrKey http://www.videoguys.com/seriousmagic.html
(note: these pages are given because they have chromakey examples on them. Many of our NLE products support chromakeying).

If the actor to be superimposed is on a normal background - ie a street or in a room - the process is much more difficult. You'll need to get After Effects or Commotion and actually mask out the background. Then you can key it over the second video. This is a very difficult and time consuming process that requires some degree of PhotShop type skills.

So the answer is yes, you can do it, but it will require an investment of both time and money.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]