FORUMS: list search recent posts

Received Edition 5 -installation problem- no #

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kwk1313
Received Edition 5 -installation problem- no #
on Sep 13, 2003 at 8:15:23 pm

I just received my Edition 5 Pro package from the Video Guys and when I try to install the software it asks me for the serial number of the version I am trying to upgrade. I don't have a version to upgrade! I bought this as a new product with their trade-up offer. Was it a requirement that you have a previous version of Edition? I still don't see a mention of it anywhere on the website. Is there something I am missing? I checked all the other CDs and nothing about a different version. I uninstalled all of my other editing software and video cards expecting to use this system tomorrow for an edit and now it looks like I'm going to have to reinstall everything! So far I am not too impressed with the Video Guys. This is my first purchase with them and there have been three problems- and this one is very frustrating!

If anyone knows of an answer to this, I would REALLY appreciate it!

Thank You,

Keith

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Received Edition 5 -installation problem- no
on Sep 13, 2003 at 11:23:48 pm

The installer for the Trade-Up look asks for a serial number. This can be from a previous version of Edition or Premiere. If you do not have either avaialble, please give tech support a call on Monday. We do have a work around available.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]