FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pinnacle Ver. 7/Ext. Firewire HD/Capture Problems

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sandyoforange
Pinnacle Ver. 7/Ext. Firewire HD/Capture Problems
on Sep 8, 2003 at 6:53:07 pm

Last year I used an external firewire hard drive Maxtor 3000DV-80G to capture DV video. It was connected it to our compaq presario ez2200. That computer had problems with the video card crashing, but I could record the DV video to the 3000DV with no problems.

This year I attached the 3000DV to our Dell Dimension 4300. Now when I try to capture DV video to the 3000DV it drops frames and is choppy. I have to capture directly to the Dell's HD then copy over. I am using Pinnacle Studio Version 7. I used the Test Data Rate in the Pinnacle software on the 3000DV showed it could not capture DV Video even though it did it last year.

I contacted Maxtor and they claim since the external HD works fine except for the capturing it must be timing problem. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

sandyoforange
Re: Pinnacle Ver. 7/Ext. Firewire HD/Capture Probl
on Sep 9, 2003 at 4:44:45 am

A little more info.

When testing the data rate in Pinnacle it shows that the external HD is not fast enough to capture in DV quality. I know that is incorrect, the drive is fast enough.

I heard this is a problem with Pinnacle not reading the data rate correctly on a second hard drive.

I have heard I should check if the DNS is turned on, but I can not access this in Windows 2000. When I go to the Device Manager it does not give me the options of "advanced settings"

I have also heard it may be a Windows 2000 problem because I am using a 4 port firewire card and my DV Camera is using the card at the same time the hard drive is. I downloaded a Windows patch and it spead it up a little, but not enough.

Has anyone had simalar problems?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]