FORUMS: list search recent posts

Putting Videos On the Internet.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
borededupproductions
Putting Videos On the Internet.
on Sep 2, 2003 at 2:21:30 pm

Hey Guys. I was wondering if anybody could help me out. Im Trying to put my videos on my website. I use premiere 6.5. I compressed my video with the advanced windows media 8 wizard. Its about 16mb and i cant get it smaller. Check out my site and tell me what ya think. Thanks

Jarrod

http://www.borededup.com

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Putting Videos On the Internet.
on Sep 3, 2003 at 1:18:28 am

Couldn't access your website above, but the basic things you have to do are reduce your resolution and frame rate to reduce the size. DV is 720x480 at 30 fps. If you cut your resolution to half that (360x240) at 15 fps, your size should be approximately 1/8 the size of DV. 240x160 at 15 fps would be about 1/18.

Return to posts index

enigma
on Sep 3, 2003 at 9:03:19 pm

What's the runtime on the video? I produce videos for the web on a daily basis, but they're MPEGs, not WMV. I would take the resizing a step further and reduce the resolution to 320 x 240 to maintain a correct 4:3 aspect ratio.

Return to posts index

Mary Ann
on Dec 7, 2004 at 4:48:28 pm

If you are willing to upload real media videos to your website you can use helix producer - free download, I use it - or did when my studio 8 was capturing! for reducing my avis - most could be reduced to about 5 mb- fine for a website.
It's called Helix producer basic I believe.

Just a suggestion.

Mary ann

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]