FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere 6.5 vs Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dsburden
Premiere 6.5 vs Premiere Pro
on Aug 15, 2003 at 6:16:14 pm

I have been reading the all reviews on Premiere Pro, my question is this: If I am currently using Premiere 6.5, is Premiere Pro something I should switch to?

Return to posts index

f131
Re: Premiere 6.5 vs Premiere Pro
by
on Sep 2, 2003 at 3:59:17 am

The only draw for me is the ability to convert audio to 5:1 sound. Aside from that I see no real reason to upgrade from 6.5.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Sep 2, 2003 at 1:26:43 pm

Premiere Pro has a TON of new features and capabilities. Especially if you are using either with a simple OHCI card. If you have a dedicated hardware accelerator card (like DV500 or RT2500) then you have a tougher choice. Older cards will not be supported for Premiere Pro.

Give us a call 800 323-2325 and we'll help you make the right choice.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

phenroid
on Sep 11, 2003 at 8:36:00 pm

For those upgrading to Adobe Premiere Pro using an OHCI compliant firewire card, be forewarned: "Adobe Premiere Pro always conforms audio files as they are imported. This may decrease system performance as audio is being conformed. When audio is being conformed, you see a progress bar at the lower right corner of the Adobe Premiere Pro application window. Full performance is restored when conforming is complete, and the conformed audio allows instantaneous audio playback."

Be forewarned that this took an hour for my last project - a three camera Catholic mass - and added several gigs to my hard drive in the "Conformed Audio Files" folder. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a major step backwards for Adobe's latest version of the Premiere software isn't it?

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]