FORUMS: list search recent posts

EDITION 5.0

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ricks
EDITION 5.0
on Jun 15, 2003 at 5:38:14 pm

I have a question about the DV 500 and edition. I currently provide computer super for an individual who has a Faster Silver machine and a DV500 with edition 4.5. The user is considering upgrading to Edition 5 and was wondering if it will support the DV500 still. As I have no experience with Edition I do not know if the version 4.5 may have been a special release for the DV 500. I also need to know what the upgrade procedures are and a gestimate of amount of time it will take to upgrade (hey you have to be able to bill right).
Thanks Rick

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: EDITION 5.0
on Jun 15, 2003 at 9:25:20 pm

Edition 5 will support the DV500 mhardware, but you will give up performance to get it. Trade in the old DV500 card for Edition 5 pro. The AGP hardware will give you digital and analog I/O PLUS real-time analog output. http://videoguys.com/edition.html

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

ricks
on Jun 16, 2003 at 4:10:31 am

how performance do you lose? My friend is on a tight budget as I just installed a duel xeon system in his Silver machine

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Jun 16, 2003 at 1:56:58 pm

Here is the deal -
Users with DV500 hardware and Edition 5 would be better off with an OHCI card then the DV500 hardware. Why? Because the real-time performance of Edition 5 gets knocked down to the old Edition DV500 level when the DV500 hardware and drivers are installed. With a $50 OHCI card you'll get full RT performance. If you need analog I/O you can ad the MovieBox DV for $200.

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

ricks
on Jun 18, 2003 at 2:36:51 pm

Well That is getting pretty close to the $499 upgrade price. The best recomendation is for him to upgrade

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]