FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ulead analog capture problem

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Splak
Ulead analog capture problem
on Jun 11, 2003 at 8:02:05 pm

Hi Guys,

I’ve got a CardExpert GeForce3 Powerpak Golden Sample VIVO on a AMD/Asus-based Win98SE system.

Software such as VirtualDub will capture AVI perfectly but, of course the AVI takes up a lot of space and it’s a chore to convert it in a second step.

I’ve got Ulead Video Studio v5.0 - but I’ve also been able to test Media Studio Pro with the same results - which should capture to MPEG.2 directly; but this happens…

When recording at a capture rate below 29.97 fps the mpeg video created by the software plays back with the video speeded up. At 25 fps a 25s clip plays back in about 20s (the audio is truncated but otherwise normal i.e. it becomes progressively more out of sync). It looks like it’s incorrectly giving every video file a playback rate of 29.97 but that’s only my guess.

I’m trying to capture my old VHS tapes before I go over completely to a DV setup. A lot of them are PAL and the software permits a max of 25fps for PAL, of course.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this? Ulead tech support have been rather useless.

Return to posts index

Terry Stetler
Re: Ulead analog capture problem
on Jul 25, 2003 at 6:15:08 am

What are your system specs? Can you set a compressor in your capture options or are you saving uncompressed? If you can set a compressor PICVideo or Morgan MJPeg make very nice *.avi capture codecs.

Realtime MPEG capture is very CPU intensive, and with Ligos coded software like VS5 even more so. The MPEG.now products (MSP 6.5 w/MPEG.now patch; MSP7, VS6 and VS7) do better with marginal systems, but still....

Terry Stetler

Moderator: Digital Media Net MediaStudio Pro forum

http://www.dmnforums.com/cgi-bin/disp2.fcgi?forum=uleadmediastudio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]