FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why can't I export anything from Avid Xpress DV???

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimknopf
Why can't I export anything from Avid Xpress DV???
on Jun 1, 2003 at 8:09:02 pm

Help!! I'm getting kinda desperate here with Avid Xpress DV...
I just can't seem to export my Movie Sequence as MPEG1 neither MPEG2...everytime there's this Error in the console:
AS_Init() returned -1.
Could not initialize Authorscript
Can anybody pleasseeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me... I just want to get my movie to a DVD or VCD, so I can send it over to my mom...cause she really wants to see it...

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Why can't I export anything from Avid Xpress D
on Jun 2, 2003 at 12:55:30 am

Here is what we have in our XDV tips page on this:

MPEG Export Failed. Check Console for details. Could not Initialize Authorscript
Mpeg Export Failed. Check Console for details. Could not Initialize Authorscript. This error typically occurs after successfully exporting Mpeg files previously. Certain files required for the export lose necessary links and need to be reinstalled for the export to function properly. The issue is currently being investigated, and as soon as more information is available it will be posted in the Knowledge Center.

If you get this error when you are attempting to export Mpeg1 or Mpeg2 files, even if you have successfully exported before, you have two current workarounds. You can either uninstall then reinstall the Xpress DV software, or you can complete the following instructions:

1) Locate the following five DLL files inside the Avid Xpress DV folder:
AuthorScriptLibWin.dll
ltkrn11n.dll
ltimg11n.dll
ltfil11n.dll
LTDIS11n.dll

2)Create a new folder anywhere on the system.

3)Move the five DLLs from the Xpress DV folder to the new folder. Make sure the files are no longer in the main Avid Xpress DV folder.

4)In the new folder, make copies of all the DLL files. To make the five copies all at once, you can shift-click the five DLL files so that they are all highlighted at the same time. Then go the Edit menu and choose Copy.

5)Now paste the copies into the Avid Xpress DV folder. Directly after choosing Edit, Copy in Step 4, go to the main part of the Avid Xpress DV folder. Choose Edit, Paste. This will paste the five copies into the Avid Xpress DV folder. Do not move the original files back into the Avid Xpress DV folder; it will not resolve the problem.

http://videoguys.com/XDVtips.html

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]