COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary
Pinnacle Studio Help
by
on May 6, 2003 at 7:54:02 pm

Hi Just got Pinnacle studio 8.
Even though it has a large help file find I am getting stuck
Can you tell me what format I need to save captured video from Camcorder in to play on a Dvd player ( I have a Cd writer, not a Dvd writer)
Also how do you Capture from Win Tv?

Make it simple for me please.:confused:

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Pinnacle Studio Help
on May 7, 2003 at 3:06:37 am

The only option you have is to try creating a VCD. There should be a template for it in the output menu (I assume).

In the capture menu check and see if Win TV is listed as one of the capture sources. You probably should use the capture software that came with the device and then import it in to Studio.

Your manual should explain VCD creation.

Return to posts index

newguy
on May 9, 2003 at 2:40:13 am

Hi,
you can capture video in DV avi format edit and export to mpeg 1 for vcd or mpeg 2 for svcd.
try other software like premiere, media pro, etc. to capture in DV avi. and use a mpeg encoder to encode to mpeg 2 for svcd (480x480) you will have better quality video. Pinnacle studio does not really have a good encoder :)
NG

Return to posts index

Mary
by
on May 9, 2003 at 8:18:29 pm

Hi I am still confused as it is all new to me
I saved a captured movie as an Mpeg hoping to play it on a Dvd player it took hours1
But now i find it will not play on a Dvd player after all!
What have I done wrong?

Return to posts index

mbandeira
on May 11, 2003 at 10:48:53 pm

You have to capture the in AVI format, and then in the MAKE DISK you choose DISK and in the setting you choose VIDEO CD and the quality you want.

If you cant´t capture directely to Studio 8, you can capture with another sofware, then in the EDIT tab of Studio8 you have several buttons in the top left, in the first one(the that has one camera)on the right side of the drop down field you browse to the file you captured with the other software. Then open it, then select all the images and drag them to the story board (the squares below) and after that you go to fase 3 MAKE DISK.

Then maybe, depending on the DVD player, you can see it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]