FORUMS: list search recent posts

disk full error messages when rendering

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gene
disk full error messages when rendering
by
on Apr 29, 2003 at 5:46:26 am

I am attempting to color correct one camera in a four camera shoot to match more closely the other three. The white balance was most likely set wrong. Have found a reasonable match for the color, however since there are six rolls I wanted to apply the correction to the whole roll in a single pass. When I try that I get an error message, disk full? Despite having more than 40 gig available on that drive. By reducing the portion to be rendered to 9 minutes or so, it renders it. This is time consumming as I have to watch it. I had hoped to have it process a roll each night as I slept.
Is there a size limitation on rendering color correction? Is there a setting that is preventing rendering of one hour long projects? My plan is to render the color correction and dupe the roll back onto the camera. The remove the original from the Hard disk and copy the roll back, so that the color will not be a factor in our editing decisions.
I have a 120 gig raid drive, a 500 mhz cpu and have edited several hour long shows with great sucess on this system. I just never tried this before and did not expect such frustrating errors. My fear is that this work around could cause problems if there are frames that are either not rendered or rendered twice (if that is possible). It took a day to find the maximum size that could be rendered. It is taking days to do what I hoped would be a quick fix.
Gene

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: disk full error messages when rendering
on Apr 29, 2003 at 8:22:04 pm

Hi there
Make sure your file system is set to NTFS this will allow you to capture basically unlimited lengths of clips. Fat 32 only allows you to capture 2 gigs. If you are using Win 2000 or XP your system is probably already using NTFS and this is not the problem. I'll try to think of other solutions.
Good luck!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

Ron Evans
on Apr 30, 2003 at 12:51:03 pm

It seems you are hiting the 2G AVI limit. What editing system are you using? YOu can trick the system into doing it with clips under 9 mins by cutting the clips at less than 9 mins all the way through and then outputing the timeline as normal. Premiere saves each one of these clips seperately as an encoded preview file so will not hit the 2 G limit. The other option is to specify AVI2 output format if you are using NTSF, AVI1 will still have 2G limit even with NTFS. Make sure that your temp folder is on your RAID array and that there is enough room to store the whole encoded file allow 15G for the 1 hour.

Return to posts index

Ron Evans
on May 1, 2003 at 12:26:20 am

Having read your post again you always have the option of editing ignoring the correction, then apply the correction to only the pieces that you need to use. These might just be under the 2G limit each and save you a lot of time. You can save the filter setup in Premiere and just apply it to each of the clips you finally use. If any are over 9 mins in a single clip ( a long time to stay on one camera in a 4 camera shoot!!!) you can just put a razor cut to split and make Premiere create a seperate Preview file.

Ron

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on May 1, 2003 at 2:08:32 am

What is the total size in GB of your color correction project?
How big is a 9GB file?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]