FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need advice on exporting to tape with Premiere 6.0

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
NeedHelpBadly
Need advice on exporting to tape with Premiere 6.0
on Apr 22, 2003 at 5:16:08 pm

I understand that Adobe Premiere needs to have the right capture card presets set to export to tape properly. Right now I'm using the Canopus ADVC-100 to capture video and I haven't found any presets inside Premiere for it. I tried porting the video back to tape, but the footage was jumpy. I think the preview is set to render from RAM but I'm not sure (i'm at work right now.). The Adobe Premiere Bible says that Playback to Desktop option should be unchecked when exporting to tape or the quality will be "poorer" than what is currently being shown. Is that true , and is there a need to hook up a TV set to get better quality instead of previewing from the desktop? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

treetsux
Re: Need advice on exporting to tape with Premiere
on Apr 23, 2003 at 4:34:32 am

i also use premiere 6.0 and the canopus advc-100.

i dont use the export to tape option.

i run rca's out of the advc (make sure its in 'digital in' mode and it will playback on a vcr providing its hooked up correctly. then just hit record and your space bar.

on canopus: rca's on analog out (thats the backside) into your vcr rca IN. and make sure the blue light on the front is set digital in, so the audio/video comes out your pc through firewire.
on your vcr, make sure you have the correct line in channel on also.

this will allow you to use the tv hooked to your vcr as your preview monitor as well, though when my advc is on, the playback on the computer monitor preview gets very choppy, but since it plays on the tv, i dont care.

hope that helps.
am

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]